Torrington, Wyo. (RELEASE from Goshen Fire Warden) June 28, 2022 —
Be it known that as of July 5, 2022, with the approval of the County Commissioners and at the direction of the Fire Warden, all lands in Goshen County will be under a Stage 1 Fire Restriction Status until further notice.
During a Stage 1 Restriction the following rules and regulations as set forth by the Board of Land Commissioners are restricted or prohibited:
(1) Discharge of fireworks and all outdoor fires are prohibited in unimproved areas
(2) Campfires at residences or campsites within a fire ring centered within a minimum of a 15ft cleared radius of burnable materials are permitted
(3) Trash or refuse fires between the hours of 6:PM and 8:AM inside containers provided with spark arresters and located within a cleared radius of minimum of 15ft of burnable materials are permitted
(4) Charcoal fires within enclosed grills are permitted
(5) Use of acetylene cutting, electric arc welders, or metal grinding in a cleared radius of 15ft of burnable materials is permitted
(6) The use of portable stoves, lanterns using gas, jellied petroleum, pressurized liquid fuel or fully enclosed stove and open fire branding activities in a cleared radius of 15ft of burnable materials is permitted
While it is not advisable, controlled burns on rural properties are allowed. However you need to follow the proper steps: make sure your burn area is free of vegetation or other burnable materials within a reasonable area; provide the manpower, water source and equipment necessary to prevent it from spreading; call the Torrington Dispatch Center at 532-7001 prior to starting the fire and call them when it is out.
You may direct questions to the County Fire Warden by calling 532-7952, or 532-0305.